Before starting your journey
Just like an explorer, when you find out you're about to go on your quest, you'll need to pack some important items to keep you going. These can include;
- Somebody to talk to incase you get frightened in the maze and need some advice.
- Food to keep up your strength, because eating enough is important when you're walking through the maze.
- A sleeping bag because you'll end up feeling worse if you're tired.
- Bring your music player, or favourite book to give your mood a little boost if you need it.
IF I COVER MY FACE I DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT THE PROBLEM AND DEAL WITH IT
Pretending the loss hasn't happened might make you feel better because you don't have to think about it. You may be pretending they're just on holiday. Here are some tips on what to do straight after the loss;
- Rest is important. Take time to do only what is important, and everything else can wait. Ask your friends and family for help. Ask an adult to talk to your teacher, they will be very understanding.
- Share your feelings. Talk about stories or memories you have with your loved one. I've found that talking to someone you trust is a big help.
- Sometime things can happen very quickly and it can be easy to forget to do basic tasks like shower and eat. Try to remember these things as they'll make you feel more ready to tackle big feelings.