Although the sun has been in and out lately, it is officially Summer! That means more sun, more fun! We have partnered up with one of our favorite businesses to talk about the importance of being safe in the sun!
About the Doctor Himself
DermaCare & DermaHealth Dermatology was founded by Sidney B. Smith. Dr. Smith is a Board Certified Dermatologist. He brings years of vast experience in all aspects of medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology to the Pacific NorthWest. His six passions in life are his Family, his Faith, Chocolate, Exercise, Sun Block, & Dermatology. He looks forward to helping you in your medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology needs!
6 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR SKIN, THIS SUMMER!
1. Sunscreen should be your best friend this summer! Remember to take care of your skin while you’re having fun in the sun! Sunscreen goes a long way, make sure you use a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of SPF 30 everyday. DermaCare & DermaHealth carry a wide variety of sunscreen for all skin types!
2. Avoid tanning beds & sunlamps. Sunburns and tans are both dangerous because they cause DNA damage to our skin. Your risk of developing melanoma increases every time you visit a tanning bed. Squamous cell cancer increases based on your lifetime exposure to UV rays from the tanning beds.
3. Shade. Stay in the shade as much as you can, especially between 10 am - 4 pm.
4. Keep infants under 6 months old out of the sun. DermaCare & DermaHealth offer great products for children! They also carry a colorescience sunscreen that's perfect for infants!
5. Wear Brimmed Hats! This one of the easiest thing you can do to prevent damage to your face!
6. Stay consistent, visit Dr. Smith and his team and receive a skin exam every year!
Join them at their Customer Appreciation & Wellness extravaganza!
You don't want to miss out!