How much will they cost?
- $70,000 to $100,000 for the technology.
- The price might be drop when driverless cars are popular.
Drivers or passengers?
- Your will able to drive the driverless cars if you want.
- Meeting inside the driverless car during the two or three hours journey.
- Become "controlling passenger" in private car or "complete passenger" in a robo-taxi.
Will owner still need insurance?
Yes, considered a different class of vehicle that requires additional compulsory insurance cover.
How will the law adapt to driverless cars?
- Currently, UK law is use for the driver who is in control of the car at all times.
- The law needs to be revised to allow the use of automotive technology without a driver and ensure that the technology is maintained correctly.
- Other changes will be required, such as to the Highway Code