A is for Africa
1. Second largest continent in the world. 2. Once part of large super continent called Pangaea.
B is for Bantu
1. Religion and culture spread through Africa. 2. Hundreds of languages were formed from Bantu after they divided.
C is for Congo River
1. 2920 miles long. 2. Main water transportation source of Africa..
D is for demorcracy
1. Government created in South Africa after apartheid terminated. 2. Gave rise to free elections in Africa.
E is for Europeans
1. Cause of destruction and new development in countries of Africa. 2. Arrived in South Africa, making countries have independence.
F is for French
1. Colonized many parts of Africa. 2. Africa put up many forms of resistance.
G is for Ghana Empire
1. Located in West Africa. 2. Reigned from 400-1200 AD
H is for HIV
1. 23.8 million infected people in Africa. 2. 91% of the world's HIV positive children live in Africa.
I is for Islam
1. World's 2nd largest religion. 2. One of many religions in Africa
J is for Johannesburg
1. South Africa's biggest city. 2. Center of large scale gold and diamond trade in Africa.
K is for KilImanjaro
1. Tallest mountain in Africa. 2. Helps villages keep cool.
L is for Limpopo RIver
1. 5741 miles long. 2. Separates South Africa and Zimbabwe.
M is for Mali Empire
1. Located in West Africa. 2. Reigned from 1230-1610 AD.
N is for Nile River
1. 6670 miles long. 2. Largest river in the world.
O is for Orange River
1. 7218 miles long. 2. Provides water for irrigation.
P is for Pan Africanism
1. Movement to establish independence in African Countries. 2. Made up of all African countries as a unity.
Q is for Qur'an
1. Holy book of Islam. 2. Revealed to the Prophet Mohammed.
R is for Red Sea
1. Seawater inlet of Indian Ocean between Africa and Asia. 2. 250 species of coral in this area.
S is for Senegal River
1. 675 miles long. 2. Important tributary.
T is for Trade ROutes
1. Trade routes brought wealth and power to African Empires for centuries. 2. Camels were used to travel trough trade routes.
U is for Union Africa
1. Made up of 54 African Countries. 2. Promotes unity between the countries.
V is for Vaal River
1. 695.9 miles long. 2. Tributary in South Africa.
W is for White Nile
1. 2299 miles long. 2. One of the main tributaries in Africa.
X is for Xhosa
1. Main tribal group in Africa. 2. Population of 7.9 million people.
y is for Yao
1. Bantu language in Africa. 2. About 2 million language speakers.
Z is for Zulu
1. Largest South African ethnic group. 2. Faced much discrimination under apartheid.