What was the Trojan War?
A war between the Greeks and the Trojans.
How did the war start and end?
- Began when Prince Paris of Troy kidnapped Queen Helen, wife of King Menelaus of Sparta.
- Ended when the Greeks hid inside a giant wooden horse outside of Troy's surroundings, hoping they would take the horse inside their territory.
- When inside the territory, the Greeks climbed out and completely destroyed Troy.
Who were the major characters?
- Menelaus -King of Sparta
- Agamemnon -Menelaus' brother
- Queen Helen -Menelaus' wife
- Trojans -people of Troy
- Greeks -people of Sparta
- Prince Paris -prince of Troy
How does the Odyssey relate to it?
- The characters in the Odyssey are determined to return back home after a long, hard fought battle.
- The characters in Trojan War are determined to rescue their Queen and destroy their enemy.
- The Greek army and Odysseus had Gods on their sides.
- Both the Greek army and Odysseus and his crew have been through hard ships and long voyages because of the Trojan War.
Who is Homer?
Homer is a Greek poet who is famous for his epic poems; The Lliad and The Odyssey.
- What was the Trojan War? -Infoplease.com
- How did the war start and end? -Infoplease.com
- Who were the major characters in the war? -ancienthistory.about.com
- How does the Odyssey relate to it? -Cliffnotes.com
- Who is Homer? -biography.com