- Used to treated anxiety, panic disorders , and some cases depression
- scientific name benzodiazepine, chlordiazepoxide
- rapid symptom relief works very fast on onset
- safer and less addictive alternatives to traditional tranquilizer drugs such as alcohol barbiturates
- withdraws occur with people who are not prescribed Xanax and that included
- Emergency room visits due to the recreational abuse of Xanax more than doubled from 57,419 in 2005 to 124,902 in 2010.
- In 2013, 50 million prescriptions were written for alprazolam (the generic name for Xanax), up from 38 million written in 2006.
- Prescription rates for Xanax have been climbing at a 9 percent rate since 2008
- mostly all heroin attics use Xanax