National Geographic is the definitive destination for thought provoking content, incredible photography & travel ideas that take you off the tourist trail discovering the real country behind your holiday. Across Social platforms it is one of the most followed brands in the world offering prime opportunity to convert it's users into advocates of Scotland.
Online: 2,125,000 UK UNIQUE USERS PER MONTH / 5,047,937 MONTHLY UK PAGE VIEWS / 2,311,955 MONTHLY UK MOBILE VIEWS / 692,577 MONTHLY UK TABLET VIEWS
Print: 1,319,000 UK MONTHLY READERS OF NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MAGAZINE
TV: 2,649,000 UK MONTHLY VIEWS OF THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL
3.8MM Facebook / 3.4MM Twitter / 14.1MM Instagram
(Nat Geo Travel Profile Only for sponsored posts)
53% Male / 47% Female - AB - Average age 25-44 -Average Income £40,000+
- The NG audience took 5.6 million holiday trips in the past year, ranking second behind the Sunday Times for the total number of holiday trips taken in the past years.
- National Geographic readers spend over £2.4 billion on travel in 12 months offering Visit Scotland access to one of the most valuable travel audience in the UK.
- National Geographic readers are almost twice as likely to be 'word-of-mouth' travel champions (index 180).
- Advertising influences my choice of holiday (index 164).
Work with NG to create an innovative partnership utilising specialist travel writers to create custom content promoting Scotland as THE destination to visit.
NG will curate a series of bespoke content pieces that can be built around the content listicles & trip planner itineraries alongside promoting existing Scotland based content currently on site. Listicles can be used well as short mobile pre-roll or in content feeds.
Take ownership of NGC's Photography, Travel & Adventure sections to present Scotland & all its cultural offerings to an audience of culturally curious consumers. Messaging can be dynamic around page content via KW or audience data to focus in on specific interests with specific messaging. Existing Scotland based content can all be aggregated into it's own mini hub for the partnership period with custom Visit Scotland badging.
Within the partnership Visit Scotland will have ownership of all the traditional ad units as well as more custom interactive units such as Pushdowns, 360 video, Haptic & Parralax units to enable the user to engage further with the brand within the NG website.
We are able to host a range of video assets and 360 degree videos through these formats.
While all videos can be hosted at the same time in one unit, the 15" product films can be sequentially targeted to ensure the user is being exposed to each product video. N.B. users will be able to access all videos regardless of sequential order, they just need to explore the unit to discover more.
NationalGeographic.com offers a unique digital experience for upscale visitors who have the means to travel the world. It is the go-to place for meaningful travel experiences. Travelers receive high-quality, original and curated travel information and products that are the best in-class.
DEDICATED TRAVEL HUB:
- Robust daily travel coverage with a Visit Scotland appeal
- Engaged by millions of affluent consumers
- Enriching and practical travel content
- Photography that engages and inspires
- Expansion of Mobile
- Refresh of the Scotland country guide
- Photography gallery of Scotland
- Know Before You Go - feature article about travel to Scotland
- Ng.com will create a set of cobranded Visit Scotland banners driving traffic to Refreshed Scotland Travel Guide sponsored by Visit Scotland
- NG.com will run a *HPTO’ cobranded ad unit on the new Scotland page (see below). This unit is geo-targeted to run in their key markets
- Brand campaign with high impact placements throughout relevant sections of NG.com
#1 Travel Media Brand On Social
Social posts across Facebook, Twitter & Instagram will look to drive followers to engage with the bespoke custom content on Nationalgeographic.com.
National Geographic are one of the original Snapchat Discover partners & so have an established user base of over 100,000 daily subscribers to it's custom content. This will allow Scotland to access the younger Snapchat audience but to ensure that it is only running against the National Geographic Snapchat Culture audience.
We will look to curate the daily Snapchat story to be focused around Scottish Content to enhance the Visit Scotland ad placements.
Within National Geographics monthly magazine we can create a double page spread advertorial featuring key destinations in Scotland - working the content around both the content listicles and trip planner itineraries. Alongside this will run a FC full page ad.
An impactful large unit will arrest readers attention within the magazine. Drawing from the travel expertise, content of National Geographic and illustrated luscious photography of Scotlands gorgeous cities and landscapes we will push Scotland onto the consideration list of our Adventure Seeking, Engaged Sightseeing, Curious Travelling readers.
NGC provides our audiences with a plethora of inspirational and thought provoking content. We can serve 60", 30" TV ads & 15" product films across National Geographic Channel placing them in Prime Time only to ensure that they are only reaching our engaged adventure enthusiast audience.