The UK runs an annual exchange exercise with the Royal Canadian Army Cadets (RCAC). This exchange was established in 1972 and is the Army’s Cadets’ main contribution to International Defence Engagement between the UK and Canada.
This year 60 UK Army Cadets (ACF and CCF (Army). ) plus ten CFAV Escort Officers are invited to travel to locations in Canada over the summer. In addition the four top cadets from last year’s exchange have been invited to return to Canada as Staff Cadets.
The UK cadets and CFAVs each attend one of five, six-week RCAC courses during which they are fully integrated within the RCAC.
The Council for Cadet Rifle Shooting (CCRS) have been delegated the responsibility to deliver and coordinate the cadets and adults deploying to CTC Connaught and will issue a separate instruction. HQRC is responsible for the remaining four RCAC Courses.
Dates. The dates for the 2019 Ex OAK LEAF exchange are 3 Jul – 16 Aug 2020.
From Now until 20 December
Applications invited for CFAV Escort Officers to deploy to Canada and support UK exchange click the link below to apply.
- Week beginning 27 Jan 20 – CFAV Escort Officer interviews will take place at HQ Army Cadets, Montgomery House, Aldershot, specific dates TBC by invite.
- 6 Mar 20 –Cadet nominations from each RPOC/Bde to be booked on Westminster Activity Code 20/701820. Application forms to follow in post to SO2 Cdt Trg Ops, HQRC.
- NLT 9 Mar 20 - Joining Instructions sent to RPOC/Bde nominated cadets to attend the National Selection Event.
- 14-18 Apr 20 - National Selection Event at Cwrt-Y-Gollen Camp in Crickhowell for nominated cadets and selected CFAVs. Succesfull candidates and reserves will be informed at the event.
- NLT 18 May 20 - Parents Briefing Pack and CFAV Joining Instructions issued to successful candidates, CFAVs and reserves.
- 13 Jun 20 – Parents/Carers briefing day, all selected cadets, CFAVs to attend with parents/carers, location TBC.
- 27 Jun 20 -Staff Cadets depart UK from London Heathrow for mandatory training with RCAC.
- 3 Jul 20 - CFAV Escort Officers and Cadets meet in London for deployment briefing and final administration.
- 4 Jul 20 - Depart UK from London Heathrow.
- 6 July - 15 Aug 20 - RCAC Courses run.
- 15 Aug 20 - All personnel depart Canada.
- 16 Aug 20 - All personnel arrive at London Heathrow Airport for dispersal (depending on flight times)
The allocation of places is limited (Only 4 per course for the whole of the SW Region) so competition for places will be fierce!!