BHS will be hosting Wreaths Across America this Friday, December 14th inside Beebe Auditorium, at 1:00pm! All veterans and families are invited to attend! Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, our mission to Remember, Honor and Teach is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 1,400 additional locations in all 50 U.S. states, at sea and abroad. We hope you will join us!
Fall 2018 Semester Test Schedule
Tuesday, December 18th 2018
- 8:00 –9:30 1st Period Tests
- 9:35 – 11:05 3rd Period Tests
- 11:10 – 11:50 LUNCH (ONE LUNCH ONLY)
- 11:55 – 1:25 4th Period Tests
- 1:30 – 3:12 2nd Period Tests
Wednesday, December 19th 2018
- 8:00 – 9:30 5th Period Tests
- 9:35 – 11:05 6th Period Tests
- 11:10 – 11:40 LUNCH (ONE LUNCH ONLY)
- 11:45 - 1:15 7th Period Tests
- 1:20 – 2:40 8th Period Tests
- Buses will run at 2:40 on Wednesday (12/19)
Thursday, December 20th 2018
- 8:00 – 10:00 1, 2, 3, period make-ups
- 10:05 – 12:05 4, 5, 6 period make-ups
- 12:05 – 12:35 LUNCH (ONE LUNCH ONLY)
- 12:40 – 2:40 6, 7, 8 period make-ups
- Buses will run at 1:00 on Thursday (12/20)
Students, please take note of the following guidelines for semester tests:
- Students with 4 or fewer unexcused absences may be exempt in a class if they maintain a" B" or better average in that class for the semester.
- A student must have a doctor’s excuse in order to be excused from a test. If a student misses a test and fails to bring a doctor’s excuse, ten points will be deducted from his/her semester test grade.
- Students may check out of school for the day when they are finished with their tests if they have made PRIOR arrangements. Prior arrangements are:
- 1) A note signed by the student’s parent(s) indicating when he/she is to check out
- 2) Other prior notification from the student’s parents.
- Students will NOT be allowed to use the school phone to make arrangements. Students who check out after finishing tests for the day will NOT be allowed to return to the school campus for the remainder of the school day.
- Students are required to take their exam at the scheduled time. Students are not permitted to take the exam early.
Students, the Innovation Fair application deadline has been extended to January 14th. Applications can be found online on the BHS website and paper copies are available at the Information Station. Completed applications are to be turned in to Mrs. Tarkington in the Main Office.
Last chances for math tutoring this semester are Thursday the 13th, Monday the 17th, and Tuesday the 18th. Math tutoring will resume on Tuesdays and Thursdays next semester.
Ms. Cox's Community Service Learning Class is hosting an Animal Drive! Check out the flier to see how you can help!
Youth Alive has a new time! Starting next semester, Youth Alive will meet on Wednesday’s during 1st Lunch in Mrs. Stroud’s room (Main 116), and during 2nd Lunch in Mr. Jenkins’ room (Main 160)! The first Youth Alive meeting will be January 16th! See Mr. Jenkins if you have any questions!
FCCLA will be having a Christmas party on Monday December 17th from 5:00-7:00. Sign up sheet by Mrs. Davis’s door. FCCLA still has a few popsockets if you need a stocking stuffer! They are $10! See Amy Elliott to get yours now!!
Yearbooks are now $45! If you buy the book BEFORE next Friday, December 14th, you'll be eligible to win a $10 gift card. Names will be drawn on that Friday! Order yours today at Jostensyearbooks.com!
Students interested in auditioning for the Spring musical Mary Poppins need to pick up an audition packet from Mrs. Ingle in N142. Today is the final day of audtions in the auditorium.
High school students may pay their library fines in the North and Main Libraries with canned food. One can will be equal to $1.00 off your fine. The cans may not be expired.
Anime Club will meet on Tuesdays after school in Mrs. Stroud's room M116 until 4:00. If you would like to join Anime Club, dues are $5!
9th-12th graders - join Library club! Dues are $3 - pay in the North or Main libraries.
Badger Store is now open! Store hours are as follows:
- Monday 7:30-8:00 AM, 3:30-4:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:30-8:00 AM, 3:30-4:00 PM
- Friday 7:30-8:00 AM, 3:30-4:00 PM
REMINDER: Students are REQUIRED to sign in and out in the office when coming to school late or checking out early. Also, there is a new attendance policy located on page 38 of the student handbook. Please make yourself familiar with this new policy.
After School Tutoring Oppurtunites
- 9-12 English Tutoring | Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 3:30-5:00pm with Ms. Amanda Wallace, N166
- After School Math Tutoring: Tuesday & Thursday, 3:30-4:30 with Ms. Channing Brock, N177
Second Chance Classes Begin at 4:00 pm on:
- Monday: English with Ms. Lovell Rm M309
- Tuesday: History with Nance in M109 at 5:00 pm
- Wednesday: Science with Chism in M164
- Thursday: Math with Embrey in M307
HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!
GO BADGERS!! #BPRD