Please clip below to read the Hill Return 2 Learn Handbook.
Welcome Grades 2-3 Roomies
We are so excited to have your child on our list for in-seat instruction for the next four weeks, October 12th through November 6th. We are all looking forward to seeing your child on Monday morning at Hill.
- Arrival- Students SHOULD NOT arrive any earlier than 8:30. In order to avoid large crowds of students waiting to enter the building students will enter through designated entrance doors and enter the classroom as they arrive. Maps and details of where students will be entering will be communicated on Friday.
- School Lunch – Please see the menu below. Students are of course welcome to bring a lunch from home. It is preferred to have brown bag lunches without containers.
- Transportation – Please communicate to your child’s teacher if your child will be a car rider bus rider, or walker on Monday, October 12th. Not sure of your child’s bus number? You can look this up in PowerSchools.
- Car Riders- Tomorrow your child will receive a colorful sign with their name and grade level. Once you receive it please attach it to the passenger side window as this will help with a smoother, faster dismissal. Our staff will use these signs to communicate via walkie talkie and prepare students for entering the car. Please remain in your car, our staff will help load your child into the passenger side backseat of the car. We are in the process of creating grade level signs for each vehicle-more details below.
Thank you in advance for your patience and flexibility. Safety is our number one priority. Thank you so much for your support. We love our Hill Families and cannot wait to have students in the building again!
Roomie & Zoomie Transitions
Spending time with the K-1 Zoomies while the Roomies transition to in-seat learning.
This week our 2nd Grade Roomies (in seat students) will join their teachers in the classroom. This means our classroom teachers will need some time to help our Roomies learn some basic protocols and routines in the classroom. We have learned that during transition days it is hard to engage the Zoomies (virtual students) while the teacher goes through these routines with the Roomies. Therefore, I meet each morning with the Zoomies for a a special experience just for them. During this time, we focus on having Husky P.R.I.D.E.
Parking Lot Procedures
This video is one of the first I made as principal of Hill Elementary. While some procedures may have changed slightly, the rules of the parking lot remain the same. Please follow the signs, cones and people that are showing you what to do.
But How Will I say Hello?
Parent Teacher Conferences
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for October 28 and 29. We will be sending out sign-up information and the times for conferences soon. We will use the same sign-up system that we have used in the past. Look for that come out near the end of next week.
Hill/TSD Job Openings
We have some vacant positions in the Troy School District and at Hill Elementary School. If you are interested in either of these positions please email me directly at email@example.com.
- Noon Aide – Lunch Supervision (11:15-1:15 PM)
- Elementary Building Support Position (up to 8 hours per day) Elementary Building Support Specialist (through Clean-Ed)
The Elementary Building Support Position was created to assist with many things around our school. This person reports to the principal and assists with building functions (traffic duty, cafeteria, recess duty, cleaning, and other duties assigned). The official postings from the Troy School District is above.
Daily Health Screener
Each morning in seat students (roomies) must submit a health screener. The screening assessment can be found in the parent portal in Power School. It's important to use your parent login (the same one you used to make your hybrid selection for your student):
If you do not see the banner with the student assessment and are using Internet Explorer, please try to use a different browser (such as Chrome.) All screenings must be submitted by your school's morning deadline. Please call the office if you have any questions.
October Lunch Menu
Lunches are free from now until December 31st. Items are not available a la carte which means students are not able to buy milk without ordering the meal. Please plan accordingly.