• Eliminate the presence of AirBNB on NYU’s campus.
• Convince students to stop renting out their rooms.
Strategy #1: Inform students of the safety risks associated with AirBNB, as well as NYU’s policy on renting out rooms.
• Informational video featuring the Director of Housing
• “Legal” section on website laying out university rules and New York City laws regarding the issue, as well as a link to the annual security and fire safety report.
Strategy #2: Demonstrate the inconvenience and hassles involved with AirBNB using a relatable messaging and interactivity.
• Short comedic video showing potential negatives of renting out a room
• Poster laying out reasons not to rent out a room
• Daily social media engagement and the use of the hashtag #OwnNYUrSpace
• Asking for and posting testimonial posts and videos from social media followers about their worst AirBNB experiences