California Stay-at-Home Orders Lifted Statewide; Outdoor Dining Can Resume!
Orange County Returns to the Purple Tier of the State's Reopening Guidelines
In response to improving coronavirus conditions, the State of California lifted Regional Stay-at-Home orders across the state Monday.
Nearly all the counties exiting the Regional Stay at Home Order, including Orange County, are now in the Purple or widespread (most restrictive) tier.
Services and activities, such as outdoor dining and personal services, may resume immediately in Orange County with required modifications. Click HERE to see the county map to find the status of all activities open in each county.
Some business closures from July remain, including the closure of bars and nightclubs.
Where to Place Outdoor Gas Heaters to Meet Fire Code
Brrrr!! With cool weather, wind and light rain possible this week, a reminder that Laguna Beach Fire Code stipulates portable gas-fired outdoor heaters cannot be used inside a building or under any kind of tent or canopy.
Also, the minimum separation distance between the heater and a building, tent or canopy is 5 feet.
Options for heating a tent or canopy include using listed electric heaters underneath with properly sized and installed electrical extension cords, or using "salamander" heater / blowers installed outside (with or without a tube into the tent or canopy area).
Questions? Please contact the Laguna Beach Fire Marshal at email@example.com.
A Message from Laguna Beach Mayor Bob Whalen
"It is good to see that we have returned to the Purple Tier and that our restaurants can begin with outdoor dining again and our personal service businesses can reopen.
I want to thank all of our local businesses for their cooperation during the Stay-at-Home Order.
Hopefully, we have passed the worst of the surge and our businesses can now begin to climb back to profitability."
- Laguna Beach Mayor Bob Whalen
Tips for Registering for Your COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment
Orange County residents may now schedule appointments for the Soka University or Disneyland Super POD vaccination sites through the County's vaccine appointment system Othena.com.
Vaccine Appointment Tips:
- Register now. It is recommended you register now with Othena.com in order to "get in line" in the queue and be notified when you are eligible to make an appointment.
- Watch your email in the morning. Eligible individuals under Phase 1A (all tiers) who are registered in the Othena system, including persons age 65 and older, will receive an e-mail during morning hours when a vaccination appointment becomes available.
- Act quickly. Once notified via email, you will have 4 hours to make your appointment through Othena before being placed back in the appointment queue.
- Don't show up too early for your appointment. Please do not show up more than 30 minutes early for your COVID-19 vaccine appointment at either Super POD site.