• Provide a Study Guide with sample questions for students to practice
• Allow time in class for students to practice similar exercises
• Provide a grading rubric.
• All exams from 1st-3rd grade will be out of /25
• All exams from 4th to 7th grade will be out a /100
• ALL STUDY GUIDES SHOULD BE UPLOADED ON THE FOLLOWING SITE ON MONDAY, JANUARY 30TH.
On TUESDAY JANUARY 31ST, each core teacher will email families a schedule which will only include the subjects that may require the student to study at home in preparation for the exam. The exam schedule that can be found on your level folders on the following link:
VERY IMPORTANT: If a parent requests that exams should be taken in advance, please direct them to the office. Andrea will make them fill out a request and send it to me.
First and Second Grade
In these grade levels, particularly according to the age and the stage of development these students are at, it is not necessary (nor advisable) that the students formally study for these evaluations.
Students in these grade levels will not receive a schedule of exams as there is no real need for them to study at home in preparation for the evaluations.
Third to Seventh Grade
In these grade levels the evaluation process will be more formal. As in other grades, students will have time to review in their classrooms.
Additionally, teachers will provide an overview of the topics that can be reviewed at home, as well as the accompanying resources (e.g. notebooks, worksheets, etc.). It may be important for some students to utilize these tools independently and practice at home before the exam dates.