Education: I graduated from Liberty University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science in Government:Western Legal Traditions and a Minor in Politics & Policy. I plan to continue my education at LU and pursue a Masters in Public Policy: International Affairs and a Doctorate in Jurisprudence.
Congressman Bob Goodlatte (left), Sarah Spillar (middle) and Zach Martin (right) celebrating graduation
College Leadership: While in college, I was a member of Pi Sigma Alpha, The National Political Science Honor Society, and a member of the Dean's Advisory Council for the Helms School of Government. I was a member of Liberty University's Debate and Moot Court Team. I received the Ronald S. Godwin Award for Political Activism for my leadership while serving as President of the Liberty University Stand with Israel Club.
Liberty University Stand with Israel Club wins AIPAC's Activist of the Year Award
Dean Shawn Akers (left) awarding Sarah (right) with the Ronald S. Godwin Award for Political Activism
Professional Experience: Following graduation, I moved to Washington, D.C. to work for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, a prestigious lobbying organization committed to strengthening the relationship between the United States and the State of Israel. During my five years at AIPAC, I served in multiple positions of significant responsibility, including management. My responsibilities included engaging, advising, and motivating pro-Israel political activists at more than 2,000 college campuses across the United States. I was responsible for leading missions to Israel for student leaders and organizing delegations of students to lobby members of the United States Congress on behalf of the U.S.-Israel relationship .
Sarah overlooking Israel's border with Syria & Lebanon
- Offer personalized advising for residential freshman, sophomores, first semester transfer students, and students in academic difficulty
- Effectively communicate Liberty policies, procedures, and graduation requirements
- Assist students in gaining decision-making skills and assuming responsibility for their education plans and achievements
- Assist students in reaching their spiritual, educational, and professional goals.
- Assist students with finding the right major that best utilizes their passions and talents for the Lord
The 2017-2018 Degree Completion Plans are now available! Please locate your desired degree. If you are interested in attending Law School, be sure to review the new Law and Policy: Pre-Law Concentration degree. Please let me know if you are interested in pursuing this degree so that I can better assist you. email@example.com