CLEANING A PRIORITY AT ROYAL OAK SCHOOLS
To better protect students and teachers in our community and families at home, Royal Oak Schools has upgraded their cleaning and disinfection with an Enhanced Clean program through their custodial partner, ABM. The following measures are being taken to disinfect spaces in the schools on a frequent and ongoing basis. The enhanced cleaning measures meet or exceed the Michigan Return to School Roadmap.
How Are We Doing Disinfection Differently:
- Trained + Certified Enhanced Clean team members working in our schools are Certified Disinfection Specialists. Our certification process requires testing, observation, and verification of operational knowledge. Experts visually confirm our disinfection specialists can demonstrate proper use of tools, techniques, and protective equipment.
- Our Custodial service company’s Advisory Council includes infection prevention and industrial hygiene experts.
- Our Certified Enhanced Clean Facilitators keep training in step with official guidance and best practices. Standard Operating Procedures + Upgraded Disinfection Protocols identify high-touch surfaces and increase cleaning and disinfection frequency for those high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, faucets, bottle filling stations, etc.
- Enhanced Clean disinfectants are rated for emerging pathogens and EPA-approved. We have implemented broader disinfection protocols beyond high-touch points periodically. Our staff are trained in social distancing and always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure their actions and interactions within shared spaces protect everyone’s health.
- We have a new health screening protocol to help prevent people from coming to work when they are ill.
- Our disinfection team members always wear the appropriate masks, gloves, and other protective equipment in accordance with CDC guidance. Our custodial service provider, ABM, is well-positioned to be first in line for products from our supply chain network. They partnered with your school leadership to bring students and teachers together in a safer, healthier learning environment. Our team members have committed to clear health and safety practices as part of their certification. Our Enhanced Clean program provides signage to help staff, teachers, and students remain aware of how we can all follow to stay healthy.
Our building teams will follow the required protocols as outlined by the State of Michigan in the back to school plan:
- All touch points and bathrooms will be cleaned a minimum of every 4 hours
- All desktops will be cleaned between class changes or rotations
- Each building will be thoroughly cleaned every evening
- Each building will receive Electrostatic spraying a minimum of once weekly
LINCOLN TIME CAPSULE SNEAK PEEK
LOOKING FOR WORK?
We're hiring substitute teachers. Red Rover is the district’s partner for substitute teachers, paraprofessionals and secretaries. If you are interested in learning more, please go to app.redroverk12.com for information and to apply.
Individuals interested in working with and caring for school age children before and after school for our Young Oaks (Latchkey) Program should contact the Addams Early Childhood Center at (248) 288-3220.
We're now hiring custodians to join our team of cleaning professionals. Interested individuals can apply here.
For instructional and administrative positions, check the Oakland Schools Consortium portal at http://bit.ly/ROSJobs
Employment opportunities with Royal Oak Schools can be found on our website under Employment/HR. If you have further questions, feel free to contact Beth Caverly at the District Offices: email@example.com or (248) 435-8400 x1210.
Welcome to new staff members!
- Jessica Knoll, Math Teacher, Royal Oak High School
- Haigan Tcholakian, 1/2 Loop, Addams Elementary
- Miranda Ouellette, 4/5 Loop, Addams Elementary
- Laura Kaan, 4th Grade, Addams Elementary
- Rebecca Rea, Speech, Addams ECC
- Scott Watson, Music, Upton/Addams
- Sarah Ross, 1st Grade, Oakland