Senior Alec Willis (men's basketball, volleyball) and freshman Deserae Sequeira (women's soccer, basketball) were named the Male and Female Student-Athletes of the Year as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) Department of Athletics closed out the 2017-18 season celebrating its annual awards banquet on Friday, May 11 at The Hill Center.
The 2018 banquet took on a new look featuring a red-carpet entrance and a new award show format with coaches and student-athletes presenting the awards, including some new awards. Manager of Athletic Communications Anthony Macapugay served as the master of ceremonies for the annual event.
Outstanding Individual Performance of the Year
- Anisah Molic (Women's Soccer) vs. Yeshiva (Oct. 17)
- Victoria Porcasi (Women's Basketball) vs. Sarah Lawrence (Jan. 6)
- Alec Willis (Men's Basketball) vs. Mount Saint Vincent (Jan. 24)
- Shannon Doherty (Women’s Swimming) at Skyline Championships (Jan. 27-28)
- Kelly O’Donnell (Women’s Basketball) vs. SJC Long Island (Feb. 6)
- Sean Salomons (Men’s Volleyball) at Sarah Lawrence (Mar. 31)
Female Student-Athlete of the year
- Nina DiCioccio, Women's Volleyball & Basketball, Junior
- Kelly O’Donnell, Women's Basketball, Freshman
- Victoria Porcasi, Women's Basketball, Junior
- Deserae Sequeira, Women's Soccer & Basketball, Freshman
- Denise Trerotola, Women's Tennis, Junior
- Amber Wainwright, Softball, Sophomore