This week we had to create a site map for our app. Our first task was to deconstruct a website and make a site plan from that. The website was a renting website so it allowed us to see what should and what shouldn't be in our apps. We had to answer the following questions Ask yourself the following questions: • What aspects of the site do you least like ? • Should any content be added or removed from the site? • Could the main main categories of information be redistributed into new categories?
Our second task was for us to create a site plan for our app using bits of card. this would allow us to see if we needed to add anything we had missed or if there was stuff in our plans that we didn't need. We then spilt into groups and got our peers to test how well the site plan worked, we would them Incorporate their opinions into our app. we then went on to illustrator and made a digital version of our site plan.
Our third task this week was to make our paper prototypes. For this task we drew up how we wanted our app to look in quick sketches onto a cut out of a phone layout. We had to think about positioning and how big each individual component was so that we could give the user the best possible experience. we then had to go and get 3 users to test our paper prototype and note down any feedback they gave us. we then had to incorporate that feedback into making a final site map.