Youth Volunteer Policies
At Free Bikes 4 Kidz MN we love having young people in the warehouse to help get bikes ready for kids who need them in our communities. It is an experience that we think they will find rewarding, worthwhile, and fun!
Please be sure to review our current guidelines for youth opportunities at the warehouse to help ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone.
- Our minimum age requirement is 12 years old.
- An adult-to-youth ratio of 1:1 is required for all youth until the age of 18.
- At this time groups are limited to 12 volunteers (this number includes chaperones).
- All volunteers must be pre-registered, including youth.
- Pre-registration can be done on our website with a unique email address for each youth and adult. Each family or group member indicates on the registration form that they are part of a group and list the group or family name. If youth emails are not available, the adult can register themselves online and email email@example.com with the number and names of youth accompanying them to the warehouse.
- Chaperones are asked to choose the same job as the youth and work alongside them while in the warehouse.
- Masks are required by all volunteers as well as maintaining a distance of 6-10 feet between other volunteers and staff. Distance can be closer if you are in the same household.
- All volunteers must walk the bikes when moving them from place to place. Only staff and mechanics may ride bikes for purposes of testing the bike or other warehouse tasks.