Dates & Location
September 25 - 27, 2017 at the Adobe Sydney Office (Darling Park, Tower 2, Level 27, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW)
Education, schools, and classrooms continue to evolve. What is our role as educators? How do we prepare our students for success? How do we foster curiosity and facilitate creativity?
- Connect as a community of creative educators.
- Provide a platform on which to celebrate best practice examples of educators who are catalysing creativity in the classroom, on campus and in their community.
- As a community of practice, share approaches to preparing students for the future and create educational materials to support the broader Adobe education community.
- Define relevant community-building strategies, tactics and roles to engage creative educators across the globe.
- Develop and share product knowledge.
We are very pleased to announce that well known Australian education thought-leader and speaker Dan Haesler will be joining us at the Summit.
Dan works with organisations around issues of engagement, wellbeing, mindset & leadership. He will be presenting on the Tuesday. Click here to find out more about Dan.
DAY ONE: ARRIVAL - Monday, September 25
From 2:00pm : Those traveling from outside of Sydney to check into their rooms at the Parkroyal Hotel, Darling Harbour (150 Day St, Sydney)
6:00pm - 8:00pm - Welcome Reception at Adobe Sydney Offices (Darling Park, Tower 2, Level 27, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW)
DAY TWO: EXPLORATION - Tuesday, September 26
- 7:30am - 8:20am: Breakfast (at the hotel on your own or together with others)
- 8:30am: Welcome & introductions
- 8:45am: Adobe Education Programs overview
- 9:30am: Guest Speaker - Dan Haesler
- 10:30am: Morning Tea
- 11:00am- 12pm: Creative Catalyst Talks x4 (details to follow)
- 12:00 - 1:00pm: Working Groups Session 1 (participating in a hands-on working session that share practical applications of Adobe software in the classroom - details to follow)
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm: Lunch
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm: Creative Catalyst Talks x4 (details to follow)
- 3:00pm -4:00pm: Working Groups Session 2
- 4:00pm: Networking time
- 6:00 - 10:00pm: Harbour Cruise Dinner
DAY THREE: NEXT STEPS & What's New - Wednesday, September 27
- 8:00am - 9:00am: Breakfast (at the hotel on your own or together with others)
- 9:00am - 10am: Creative Catalyst Talks x4 (details to follow)
- 10:00am - 11:00am: Working Groups Session 3
- 11:00am - 12pm: Wrap up session
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm - 2.30pm: Adobe product sessions with Adobe Solution Consultants part 1 (details to follow)
- 2.30pm - 4pm: Adobe product sessions with Adobe Solution Consultants part 2 (details to follow)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the APAC Leadership Summit?
The APAC Summit is open to any current Adobe Education Leader or Adobe Campus Leaders well as select members of other Adobe Education Community groups by invitation only. Space is limited at each event and we will follow up within a week from the deadline. We will maintain a wait list, if needed.
If you are interested in attending the APAC Leadership Summit, please fill out the application below:
Applications due before: May 12, 2017
Do I have to attend the summit in my region, or can I attend summits in other regions?
Adobe Education Leaders can attend any summit that works for their schedule. They can also attend more than one summit, but preference will be given to participants who have not yet attended a summit if there is a conflict.
What costs are covered by Adobe, and what costs should I plan to cover myself?
ACCOMMODATIONS: We booked the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour hotel and will follow up with more information once applications are completed and accepted. Address of Parkroyal Darling Harbour hotel is: 150 Day St, Sydney, AUS
Adobe covers the cost of your lodging for the nights of September 25 & 26. If you need to arrive early or stay late, your additional hotel stays are not covered by Adobe and are your responsibility. In similar fashion as last year, Adobe will cover the cost of shared rooms. If you prefer to request a single room, the additional charges will be your responsibility. Note that availability of a single room is likely to be limited.
FOOD: Adobe covers all meals beginning with Welcome Reception on Day One and ending with lunch on Day Three.
TRANSPORTATION: You are responsible for your airfare and all your travel logistics to and from the airport. The PARKROYAL Darling Harbour hotel is located just across the street from the Adobe Sydney Offices so it's a short skip over to the Summit!
Tell me more about shared rooms.
Yes, all rooms for all summits are double occupancy. You can select your roommate(s) during registration. Please have a back-up roommate choice in case your first choice of roommate is popular. If you have no preference on your roommate, just say so on the registration form.
When should I plan to arrive?
Our event officially kicks off at 6 pm on Monday, September 25. Plan to arrive at the hotel by 4pm to give yourself time to check in before the Welcome Reception from 6pm-8pm. There's no limits to things you can do in the city.
When should I plan to depart?
Our event officially ends at 4:00pm on Wednesday, September 27. We do have an afternoon session planned with Adobe solutions experts to run product workshops. Last year, these workshops were very valuable and well attended. We encourage you to take advantage of the opportunity.
Regarding travel, you are responsible for your transportation to and from the airport, so please schedule accordingly.
How should I dress?
Dress will be casual. For weather conditions, you can visit: https://www.wunderground.com/au/nw/sydney
What should I bring?
Because we are located in a large city, there are many stores and vendors where you can purchase amenities. Bring your computer or tablet to take notes and use Adobe's products, and if you’re selected as a Creative Catalyst speaker, bring your presentation on a USB stick in either PowerPoint or Keynote. Bring a camera to take pictures and anything else you need to be comfortable, creative, and actively engaged.
What if I have dietary restrictions / special needs?
You will be able to tell us about your needs via the registration form.