Collegium Newsletter August 15, 2016
Mark Your Calendar!
Collegium follows a 6-day rotating schedule for all students. This type of schedule reduces the effects of scheduling changes on classes that do not meet daily. For example, instead of your child's schedule going from Monday to Friday, he/she will have a schedule for each of the following: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, and Day 6. The “Days” are published here in our weekly Newsletter and on the homepage of our website.
Monday, August 15th - Day 1
- First Day of School For Students - Welcome Back!
Tuesday, August 16th - Day 2
Wednesday, August 17th - Day 3
Thursday, August 18th - Day 4
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm @ 435 Conference Room
- Board of Trustees Regular Public Meeting 7:00 pm @ 435 Conference Room
Friday, August 19th - Day 5
CCS Calendar: Collegium uses an online calendar that provides families with access to all events currently planned for the year. The link to the calendar is below and on the Calendars page of our website. The calendar allows users to create reminders for events which will send alerts if event details change. Keep in mind - our calendar is not static - changes to events will occur. We recommend checking the calendar on a regular basis.
We recognize that it can be tricky keeping up with our grade levels and six CCS buildings. Here’s a glossary to help you keep track:
- Elementary - refers to grade levels K-6.
- MS - refers to our Middle School students, grades 7 and 8.
- HS - is for our High School students, grades 9-12.
- 150 = 150 Oaklands Blvd. This building is home for 3rd grade, 2nd grade, (7) 1st grade classes, and (9) kindergarten classes.
- 468/486 = 468 Thomas Jones Way and 486 Thomas Jones Way. These buildings are home for (7) 1st grade classes and (9) kindergarten classes.
- 500 = 500 James Hance Court. This building is home for our 4th-6th grade classes.
- 515 = 515 James Hance Court. This building is home for our 7th and 8th grade students.
- 535 = 535 James Hance Court. This building is home for our 9th-12th grade students.
- 435 = 435 Creamery Way. This building is home to our administrative offices and no classes are held in 435.
Campus Main Office Extensions
- 468/486 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6401
- 150 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6811
- 500 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6106
- 515 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6336
- 535 Building: 610-903-1300 ext. 6602
Cougar Gear Sale - On the 3rd Friday of each month, CCS students are encouraged to show their school spirit by wearing Cougar Gear. What’s Cougar Gear? Cougar Gear includes CCS t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. with our logo, usually from a CCS team, club, event, or fundraiser. New Cougar Gear t-shirts will be on sale in August and we'll share a link soon.
Help Wanted at Collegium: Full-Time Receptionist
School-year only, summer hours not guaranteed, but possible extra hours available during the summer. Preference will be given to those applicants with receptionist/related experience. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Send resume to HR or complete our application and submit to HR.
An Easy Way to Help Raise Money!
Help CCS’s Technology Department raise money...without buying anything. Our Technology Department has a recycling program for empty laser/inkjet cartridges and used cell phones. Drop off the products in the collection boxes near CCS’s main offices. CCS sends the cartridges and phones to Funding Factory and in exchange, CCS earns cash or our choice of technology products! Need your personal information removed fromyour cell phone before donating? Contact Mrs. Leach.