1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German or related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
I Don't agree with the Nuremberg law because it takes the Jews away from many priorities. They can't be married to Germans just because they don't have the same blood. I also find that it is unfair that the Jewish people have to be exterminated because they weren't German.
Propaganda is a statement that is exaggerated to get a political idea across to people. There are eight types of propaganda. Demonization is portraying an enemy as a purely evil person and helps the reader to instantly recognize the villain. Emotional appeals uses people's emotions to promote the war. Patriotic symbols uses patriotic symbols and languages to give people national pride. Catchy slogans are used to make the words stick in the minds of people so they can always remember it. Humor is used to capture the attention of people by telling jokes. The enemy is easily recognized because they are usually the basis of all jokes. Visual symbols are used to appeal to people's emotions. Half - truths or lies twists the truth to tell a lie. Name calling uses labels in a negative way to hurt the enemy.
Otto Frank was born on May 12, 1889 and is the father of Anne and Margot Frank. He was a Jewish business man that helped his family and the Van Pels go into hiding in the secret annex. Otto was the only one from the Frank family to survive the holocaust. After he found the diary of his daughter Anne, he published it and is now one of the most read books to date. He died on August 19, 1980.
Edith Frank was born on January 16, 1900 in Aachen Germany. She is the wife of Otto Frank and the mother of Anne and Margot Frank. Edith went into hiding with the rest of her family in the secret annex and gets captured. She gets shipped off to the Aushwitz concentration camp and does from starvation on January 6, 1945.
Peter Van Pels
Peter Van Pels was born on November 8. 1926 in Osnabrük, Germany. Peter went into hiding with the Frank family and shared a room with Anne. He was arrested and sent to Aushwitz and then sent to the concentration camp Mauthausen in Austria. He died in this camp on May 10, 1945.
Miep Gies was born on February 15, 1909 in Vienna, Austria. In 1933, Miep started to work as a secretary for Otto Frank and later started to help the Frank and Van Pels family escape from the Germans. She provided with them with food and supplies to survive in the secret annex. Miep discovered Anne's journal and later returned it to Otto Frank. She died on January 11, 2010.
Act 1 Summary
The Frank's move out of their house in Amsterdam to a secret annex above a workplace to hide from the Nazis. The Van Daan moved into the annex with them to keep away from the Germans. Peter and Anne haven't been able to get along with each other because Anne is too immature and Mrs. Van Daan keeps flirting with Mr. Frank. A man named Mr. Dussel moves into the annex and thought that the Frank's moved to Switzerland to escape the Germans. When Hanukkah arrives, nobody is expecting gifts but Anne made personalized presents for everyone in the annex. While everybody is opening the presents they hear somebody downstairs in the workplace. They all try to be quiet and Peter tries to turn off the light but he falls over and makes the burglar run away. Everybody is on edge because they think that the burglar will turn them in to the green police.