Be a part of history as the city of Havana celebrates it's 500th anniversary on November 16, 2019. Al Nodal and I have joined forces once again to curate an incredible tour for this once in a lifetime celebration. We are thrilled to invite our friends to join us on a four day journey to this hustling, bustling city.
Havana has always been vibrant with music, art, and culture. In anticipation of the 500th anniversary, the City implemented various restoration projects to revive and elevate Havana. We will celebrate vintage signage and participate in the Rex Duplex Havana 500 project to restore and reinvigorate Blvd San Rafael with neon and witness the outcome of a community coming together to bring light and life back to Havana.
Discover Cuba’s fascinating past and present in the company of fellow vintage sign and neon lovers. Experience the best of Cuban cuisine, art, music, architecture, and dance through our carefully curated insider activities. Get to know Cuban thought leaders and every day people during a moment of great change. It will be a trip for us to remember forever and we hope that you will be part of it.
With every good wish,
Double occupancy: $2,950 (per person)
Single occupancy: $3,100
Spots will be given on a first-come-first serve basis on payment of the non-refundable deposit. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
NOTE: Airfare is not included. A number of flights on major airlines flying from major cities to Havana are available. You can purchase online or through your preferred agent. Staff at Project Por Amor are available to offer guidance ahead of you making your own arrangements.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Deposits of $750 are due to Project Por Amor to secure a space. If spaces are still available, the last deposit will be accepted by August 30, 2019 and full payment of the balance is due by September 14, 2019.
Project Por Amor is fully licensed by the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control to legally bring U.S. citizens to Cuba on Support for the Cuban People, Professional Research, and Public Performance exchanges CST 2131480-40.
For more information on any aspect of this trip, please contact Sage Lewis at Project Por Amor by telephone: 310-961-1574 or email: email@example.com
Program Price Includes
- Cuban Visa and U.S. licensing paperwork for Support for the Cuban People Travel
- Airfare purchasing assistance and pre-trip guidance on how to prepare for Cuba
- Medical insurance in Cuba
- Accommodations for four nights at our favorite private Havana villa
- Daily breakfasts at the house (4)
- Three lunches and three dinners at select paladares (Havana’s best private restaurants)
- Uniquely walking curated tours of historic neighborhoods and vintage neon signage
- Guided architectural tours of the famous Tropicana Cabaret, Rex Duplex Neon Center, and Office of the Historian of the City of Havana
- Visit to artist studio, Fábrica de Arte Cubano, and Callejón de Hammel
- Scenic ride around the city in classic 1950s convertibles
- Public celebrations of the Havana's Quincentennial
- Time to explore Havana on your own
- 24-hour program management by expert U.S. tour producer Adolfo Nodal and professional Cuban tour guide Gretel Sintes
- Luxury motor coach transportation with chauffeur for the whole program in Cuba
Program price does not include
- One dinner on your own
- Trip interruption insurance
- All other items not listed in ‘PROGRAM PRICE INCLUDES’
Permissible Travel to Cuba
We have designed this itinerary so that it is compliant with the latest (June 6th, 2019) travel restrictions to Cuba. Our itinerary is designed to fully adhere to the US Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) §515.574 General License for Support for the Cuban People category of legal travel to Cuba. Each traveler agrees to engage in a full-time schedule of activities that result in meaningful interaction with individuals in Cuba, enhance contact with the Cuban people, and support civil society in Cuba. Staying in private Cuban residences (casas particulares), eating at privately owned Cuban restaurants (paladares), shopping at privately owned stores run by self-employed Cubans (cuentapropistas), and engaging in our restoration projects that provide urban renewal for the Cuban people are an important part of this program.
Created with images by Project Por Amor