- The recipe for the soft drink Pepsi was first developed in the 1880's by Caleb Bradham, a pharmacist and industrialist from North Carolina.
- He coined the name "Pepsi-Cola" in 1898 and registered a patent for his recipe in 1903.
- After bankruptcy in 1931, Charles Guth purchased the trademark and syrup recipe. He had chemists reformulate the syrup and had it stocked in restaurants that were known for their soda fountains.
- Guth moved the soda company to New York City to be closer to his other business location.
- In 1965, Pepsi-Cola Company merged with Frito-Lay, Inc. to become PepsiCo, Inc..
The position is a summer internship in the Finance department of PepsiCo in Miami, Florida. You are presented with a timely question to independently solve a critical business problem. As an intern, you mirror the project- based work load of full-time employees.
You will work in each of the following functional areas in a rotation
- A & M Finance
- Brand and Innovation Finance
- Financial Planning
- Revenue Management
- Supply Chain Finance