Structure of Program
1.) Pre-Departure Course- (May 1 - May 5)
2.) Cultural Discovery Week- (May 19 - May 25) Consists of touring different sites around Beijing, such as the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace, etc.
3.) Business Internship- (May 26 - July 19), 35-40 hours per week working for a multinational company in Beijing that pertains to major of interest
Why the UF in Beijing program?
Skills to Gain from Internship:
1. Develop communication skills (verbal and nonverbal)
2. Professionalism (social interaction, dress, speech)
3. Adaptability for changing environments
4. Experiences from internship (more knowledge about particular field, hands-on experience)
5. Experience of the culture (Peking Duck Dinner Experience, China market visit to practice negotiation skills)