Marching Band Calednar
We have now finished our regular Tuesday/Thursday marching band rehearsals. We have three required full marching band events left for the season. See below.
- NO MARCHING REHEARSALS week of 11/16-11/20
- 11/27: Rehearsal & Game vs. Prosper (Senior Day) - 12pm Call Time
- 12/10: Fitness Gram & Rehearsal (4:45pm-6pm)
- 12/11: Playoff Game #1 (Home): Call Time will be 4:45pm at the track stadium for an end of season celebration before the game. We will provide dinner (food trucks) for the marching band. We will provide a secure area for students to store their school belongings if they are unable to do so.
Fall Exams & Spring Semester Auditions
FALL EXAMS: All band students will have two parts to their Fall Exam. 50% of their exam grade will be based on their audition submission (see below for details). The other 50% will be based on each individual band class's activity on their exam day (Spring 2021 music reading, Sight-Reading, etc). Students must submit their exam in Flipgrid by 11:59pm on Friday, November 20. Failure to submit will result in a 0% (50% of the exam grade). Click HERE for the AHS/LFC/STEAM Exam Schedule.
AUDITIONS: All In-Person & At-Home students will submit an audition on Flipgrid for Spring Semester Band auditions THIS WEEK (11/16-11/20). Q3 At-Home students will submit their audition for their appropriate Virtual Instrumental (Band) Music Class while Q3 In-Person students will submit their audition for their appropriate band ensemble. The audition will consist of both 9th Grade All-Region Band Audition Cuts. Students must submit their audition in Flipgrid by 11:59pm on Friday, November 20. Failure to submit an audition will result in zero points towards spring ensemble auditions.
GRADING/AUDITION RUBRIC: We will have two separate rubrics when directors assess auditions. The exam rubric will grade students based on TEKS mastery. The audition rubric will place students in proper in-person and virtual classes based on comprehensive performance elements beyond TEKS mastery.
CLICK THE CORRECT LINKS: LFC OR AHS
TMEA High School Region Auditions (Phase 1)
- Phase 1 Audition Window: Submissions due by 11:59pm on Wednesday, Nov. 18.
- Links were sent to the student email address in Charms (not necessarily your AISD email).
- If you did not receive a link, please email email@example.com
- Instructions and cuts are included in the link.
- Work on these cuts with your private lesson teacher prior to your final submission.
- It may be a good strategy to practice Etude 1 Sunday and record Etude 1 Sunday night. Practice/record Etude 2 on Monday. Practice/record etude 3 on Tuesday.
- You cannot have an audible metronome in your submission.
- Be sure you record the proper etude with the corresponding recording link.
- Your submission will be disqualified if you do not follow proper instructions.
Varsity Jazz Band Concert
Tuesday, November 17 @ 6:00pm
Join the Allen High School Varsity Jazz Band as they perform TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17th (6pm) at The Park at Fairview Town Center. Bring a blanket or lawn-chair while sipping on some coffee or eating on a patio at one of the nearby restaurants next to the outdoor stage.
Playoff Football Info
The Allen Escadrille will support our team and community as we go into the playoff season. The first playoff game (usually at home) will be required for the entire marching band.
Games 2-6 will not be required, however all marching band students can participate with the following conditions:
- All marching band students will be required to fill out a playoff game interest form (online) that will be sent out in the next few weeks. It will be due (from everyone) by December 1st for planning purposes (transportation, meals, stadium seating, etc).
- All students that sign-up for a game (games 2-6) will be required to ride the provided transportation to the playoff game site (school bus or charter bus). Students may be picked up by their parents after the game (with the proper Alternative Transportation Form).
- Meals will be provided for all playoffs games.
- Game 3 can be scheduled on December 24 or 26.
- Game 4 can be scheduled Dec 31-Jan 2.
Here is the 6A UIL playoff calendar (with possible game dates provided):
- Week 1: Dec 10-12 (usually a home game - will be required)
- Week 2: Dec 17-19
- Week 3: Dec 24 or 26
- Week 4: Dec 31-Jan 2
- Week 5: Jan 7-9
- Week 6: Week of Jan 11-15
- Tues, Nov. 17: Varsity Jazz Concert (Fairview Town Center)
- Wed, Nov 18: TMEA All-Region Audition Submission due (11:59pm)
- Fri, Nov 20: Spring Audition/Semester Exam Submission Due (11:59pm)
- Nov 27: Rehearsal/Football Game vs. Prosper (Senior Day) - 12pm Call Time
No events Nov 30-Dec 4
Created with images by Travis Chiles "No Escape From Reality", Wesley Tingey - "untitled image" • Trent Erwin - "Hard at work" • Lauren Mancke - "Taking notes at coffee time" • Mat Reding - "untitled image" • Gabriel Benois - "Home School, quarantine :(" • Ron - "untitled image". Photo Credits: Calvin Ku