- Created with particle accelerators
- Particle source provides particles to be accelerated
- Particles travel inside vacuum of metal pipes
- Electromagnets steer and focus particles
- Electric fields accelerate particles
- Particles directed at fixed target
- Detectors record and reveal particles and radiation
- Process fuses two element's nuclei together
- Form new element with more protons
Gray, T. W., & Mann, N. (2009). The elements a visual exploration of every known atom in the universe. New York: Black Dog & Leventhal .
HADHAZY,A (2015). Forging Elements. Discover, 36 (2), 18.
Renneboog, R.M. (2014). MAN-MADE ELEMENTS
Charley, S. (2012, January 13). How to Make an Element. Retrieved April 20, 2017