- Chinese Opera Mask - Download the template here and print on white copy paper or card-stock.
- Scotch tape
- Plastic knife (or Popsicle stick)
* if you do not have a printer at home, draw a large circle the size of your head and copy the pattern on the template as best you can.
- Color the Mask. Pick dark colors for a villain, outlandish colors for a mythical beast, bright colors for someone happy, lots of blue for someone sad. The colors on the mask say a lot about the character.
- After you have colored your mask, you will cut it out of the paper.
3. Take your plastic knife (or Popsicle stick) and tape it to the back of the mask. This will be your handle!
4. Now you have your very own theater mask! Think about a character you would like for your mask to be, and when you put on your mask, you become that character! Are you a spy, a superhero, or a celebrity? Or are you someone else? Use your mask to tell a story and you can even have a mask for all of the characters!
The possibilities are endless!
Share with us your masks! Snap a photo of your mask and share with us at email@example.com. We'll post your creation on Instagram!