Foster Teen Support
School is out, and for many just-graduated students, there’s an exciting world of opportunity ahead. But for teens aging out the foster system, the future is more uncertain. Whitney Carlson from Catholic Charities Serving Eastern Washington shares what they’re doing to help local youth navigate life after high school.
The program currently serves about 150 youth ages 15-23.
We are seeking people who want to make a positive impact in the lives of local students!
If you are between the ages of 18-25 and want to make a difference in our community, we want you!
- Position Basics
- United Way has openings for 14 AmeriCorps members*, ages 18-25.
- Each AmeriCorps member will coordinate a lunchtime mentoring program in a local middle school during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Each AmeriCorps member will serve 1,200 hours per year (about 30 hours per week) from September 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022.
- Each AmeriCorps member will earn a $15,173.52 living allowance ($1,517.35 per month).
- Each AmeriCorps member will earn a $4,441.50 educational award at the end of the service term.
Visit www.uwbfco.org/americorps for more information!
Join the fun on November 20th at the 4th Annual Festival of Trees. In person and virtual options mean there will be something for everyone!
Follow the Festival of Trees Facebook page to get updates and sneak peeks at the amazing trees, silent auction items, and more.
Proceeds support United Way of Benton & Franklin Counties' continued efforts to end local hunger and homelessness.
Our 2020 Campaign was unlike any other in our 63-year history. In spite of the pandemic, local donors and national foundations rallied to address urgent, local needs.
We were blown away by the extraordinary efforts of local donors – workplace campaigns stepped up their efforts to raise additional funds, and individuals and companies gave generously to our community to address emerging issues. These efforts also helped generate an additional $1 million in matching funds from All in Washington.
Thank you to everyone who gave to make live better across our community.
Special congratulations to Laura Eder, our Volunteer of the Year; and to Washington River Protection Solutions, our Corporate Partner of the Year. For a full list of award recipients, visit our Celebration & Awards web page and for the final total raised, watch the video below!