1. Marriage between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood are forbidden. Marriages nevertheless concluded are invalid, even if concluded abroad to circumvent the law. Annulment proceedings can be initiated only by the State Prosecutor.
2. Extramarital intercourse between Jews and subjects of the state of German or related blood is forbidden.
3. Jews may not employ in their household female subjects of the state of German or related blood who are under 45 years old.
4. Jews are forbidden to fly the Reich or National flag or to display the Reich colors. They are, on the other hand, permitted to display the Jewish colors. The exercise of this right is protected by the State.
5. Any person who violates the prohibition under I will be punished by a prison sentence with hard labor. A male who violates the prohibition under I will be punished with a prison sentence with or without hard labor. Any person violating the provisions under III or IV will be punished with a prison sentence of up to one year and a fine, or with one or the other of these penalties. The Reich Minister of the Interior, in coordination with the Deputy of the Führer and the Reich Minister of Justice, will issue the Legal and Administrative regulations required to implement and complete the Law. The Law takes effect on the day following promulgations except for III, which goes into force on January 1, 1936. Nuremberg, September 15, 1935 at the Reich Party Congress of Freedom.
Nuremberg laws are basically some laws or rules that allow no connection between Jews and Germans. Nuremberg Laws are just like Jim Crow Laws but for Germany and Jewish people instead of American and black people. These laws are awful to have in any country. These laws make such racist or segregating statements that should not be created. The Germans were not allowed to associate with Jews when you should be able to talk or spend time with anyone you want. Nuremberg laws are not letting Jews have freedom and basic rights when everyone of any race or religion should have freedom and basic rights.
Propaganda is an exaggerated statement or advertisement for persuading people for a political purpose. The countries that were in World War II used propaganda against each other. There are many types of propaganda such as demonization, emotional appeal, name calling, patriotic appeals, half truths or lies, catchy slogans, visual symbols, and humor. Demonization makes the enemy like something they are not. Emotional appeals uses the enemy's fear against them. Name calling and patriotic appeals can relate to be a form of propaganda. Half truths or lies can be used as a tool for tricking the countries. Catchy slogans and humor can be used to make it memorable. Visual symbols give people emotions about something. It was used to make the enemy country seem bad during war time to make it seem like whatever the propaganda people were making were right. It tries to convince people to go on a certain side on something, but it could be in a hurtful way.
Born in Frankfurt, Germany in June 12, 1929 was Anne Frank. Anne was very energetic, funny, and was very social before the hiding. During the hiding, she became very serious. On her 13th birthday she was given a diary. In June 6, 1942, her family goes into the secret annex to hide. During hiding, she wrote a lot about the incidents and situation in hiding during World War II. She died on February, 1945 in Bergen Belsen Camp.
Born on February 15, 1909 was Miep Gies in Vienna, Austria. She worked as Otto's Frank secretary in his jam company called Opekta. She helps the Frank family in hiding. She finds Anne Frank's diary and gives it to Otto when he returns from camp. On January 11, 2010, Miep dies at the age of 100.
Born in Amsterdam on August 18, 1905 was Jan Gies. Jan marries Miep on July 16, 1941. Helps the Frank family in hiding by providing food and clothing. Witnesses everyone being arrested on August 4, 1944. He dies on January 26, 1993.
On May 12, 1889 in Frankfurt, Germany was when and where Otto Frank was born. He was drafted into the military on August 1915. Marries Edith on May 12, 1925 in Aachen, Germany. Makes Opekta company and becomes director. 5 years later, the Pectacon company is made. Publishes Anne's dairy after receiving it from Miep in the Netherlands on June 25, 1947. He dies in Basel, Switzerland on August 19, 1980.
Act I Summary
The Frank family meet with the Van Daans to arrive for the hiding in the Secret Annex. Peter rips off his Star of David and burns it while Anne tells him that she can't burn her own Star of David. Mr. Frank gives a present to Anne which is a diary for her to write in. Mr. Diesel will join them into hiding in the Annex. Anne has a nightmare about the Nazis capturing her family and wakes everyone up. It is Hanukkah and Anne gets everyone a gift. After the presents, a robber came in on the first floor and stole some money and a radio.