There is a 40% acceptance rate for the school.
The estimated annual cost including tuition, books, room/board in state is $21,936.
99.8% of students are found to have financial aid.
The SAT scores range from 1170-1410
The number of undergraduate students are 39,523 and the full time students are 46,993.
- American Indian <1%
- Asian 19%
- African American 4%
- Hispanic 22%
- Hawaiian or other Pacific Islanders <1%
- White 46%
- Two or more races 3%
- International 5%
- Race/Ethincy not reported 1%
5 weird facts...
- Legend has it that if you happen to see a one of the famous ‘albino squirrels’ on your way to take an exam, you’ll ace it.
- The famous Big Bertha drum weighs in at over 500 pounds, measures eight feet in diameter, and is almost a century old.
- The University Library holds close to 10 million volumes, making it the 7th largest college library in the country.
- The very beautiful Littlefield Fountain, located on the South Mall, was built to commemorate UT students and alumni who died during World War I.
- Smokey The Cannon was built in 1953 and is shot every time the school’s football team, the Longhorns, score a touchdown.