BPAs Common Features
- Myhome differentiated for users and users groups
- Myhome displays information and tasks (such as a “to do list”) according to user profiling
- MyHome always displays an immediate analysis of the data corresponding to the current user
- During the application setup, the system allows customizing the Master Tables’ contents. According to said setup, these contents will auto-populate several fields in the system masks
- Ability to manage attachments via drag & drop on the entities in the system
- Ability to handle automatic email notifications for each user or users group, with respect to specific conditions that occur in the data flow
- Ability to handle the access to individual management and task on a user and users group basis, or according to the settings of each type of event and task
How did we get there?
- IB’s approach to ERS related issues dates back to 2005.
- It’s been an IB initiative which soon found the support of the customer base;
- The software was launched with the name InfoSHIP MS Module.
- During 2005 and 2006 IB provides its first clients with the new system.
- InfoSHIP MS has been designed, released and maintained as a Standard Market Product, being implemented at the different Marine Industry segments (Cruise, Tankers, Gas Carriers, Ferries, …).
- ERS comes first from IB’s experiences and skills, gained across a decade in dealing with almost all issues related to TECH and HESS events reporting.
- The idea has been to upgrade core functionality by means of a new technological framework and also developing new features. This way we made a step up from both the architectural and functional standpoint.
- ERS also comes from the requests and suggestions of our customer base (from all industries) which is using the existing system, thus helping to identify possible evolving paths.
ERS specific Feature
During the configuration phase, the system provides the possibility to activate specific sections, designed for the retrieval of data related to a given type of event.
Ability to manage correlated events. For a given event it is possible to indicate which is the " source event" that generated it. The two events are independent with regard to the workflow, but the cause-effect link endures and is available for statistical analysis.
Ability to create an event classification structure (Event Type + Event Categories) and o classify a multi-way event within an event type.
ERS can interface with the crew management system. No need to manually enter the crew data (a selection from the specific mask will suffice).