MARIYA YAO & ADELYN ZHOU | XANADU MOBILE & TOPBOTS
Exponential technologies like automation, artificial intelligence, and bots disrupt and revolutionize the way we work and consume. Will these emerging technologies help or hurt your brand? Depends on the strength of your A.I. strategy. This interactive, three-hour workshop is targeted towards brand executives and marketers who want to 1) understand the latest breakthroughs in AI & automation, 2) adapt technical research to business applications, and 3) successfully design and deploy emerging technologies like AI, chatbots, and more both internally to your workforce and externally to your consumers.
CONVERSATIONAL NATURAL UI & VOICE
1. Be Brief - Users want to get to the essentials and get things done. Use succinct language and stick to the message. Simplicity is an art.
2. Be Clear - One message should embody one intention and one desired action. Don’t overwhelm users with multiple messages and calls-to-action all at once. Make the conversation natural and progressive. Write for the Average Joe, not for literature professors.
3. Be Specific - Be very specific about what you expect from users and what they can expect from you. Especially ditch those open-ended questions or statements! People are unpredictable, and even the best designed chatbots do not cope well with unpredictability. So avoid ambiguity at all costs. Don’t lift the floodgate to misinterpretation, or the conversation could go off topic and result in a disappointing chat experience.
4. Show Personality - Keeping things short and sweet doesn’t mean you can’t inject a healthy dose of personality and humor. This is actually vital if you want to keep users engaged over time. The chatbot is the extension of your brand’s personality, so it’s critical to reflect its spirit and values. Personality will bring your bot come to life and make users come back for more.
5. Use Imagery - People tend to engage more when you strike the right balance between text and images. So make your conversations appropriately visual and interactive. You’ll most likely see a surge in your engagement rates.
6. Act Human - You don’t want users to feel like they’re chatting with a machine. Instead, you want them to feel like they’re chatting with a friend! Natural language, expressions, and even emojis are good ways to make the conversation feel more realistic. Make interactions feel human, even if you’re honest about the fact it’s a bot talking.
7. Have Integrity - Be upfront about everything. Don’t trick users into thinking that the bot is a real person; manage expectations in the very first interactions. If you are honest about the bot’s capabilities and limitations, users will more likely play fair and square and follow the rules. If you try to be too smart, they’ll likely try to outsmart you and make you look like a fool.
8. Be Useful - Chatbots are the perfect channel to build relationships based on value. And the best way to create value for people is to be the trusted friend they can turn to when they have a question or need something. Always be at the service of the user, whether it’s to provide fun or function. If you do that, they’ll reward you with their attention and, ultimately, with their business.
OTHER IMPORTANT ATTRIBUTES OF GOOD CHATBOTS
Top rated Chatbot Worldwide | MITSUKU