A coral reef formed next a shore line. Most common type of reef found in the Caribbean and Red Sea. It is the first reef to form around a land mass in a long-term reef growth process.
- a cluster of polyps growing together which is an animal that gives reef their shape
- most are 5 and 10,000 years old
- The Navy will sink old ships to allow a coral reef to grow so reefs can start on the shells of sunken boats to help preserve different sea biomes
- The fringing reef improves water quality
- There are seagrass meadow in reefs which acts like a nursery for manatee and dugongs, where they can feed and raise their calves in a protected environment
- Reefs cover about 1% of the ocean floor
- Healthy reefs mean a healthy ocean which leads to a healthy planet
Keep the coral floral!
Don't be a thief keep the reef!
The ocean is not a dance floor