The innovative development program for this project invites us to rethink the way to occupy a territory, establishing a respectful relationship with the natural environment.
The foothills of the Eastern Cordillera that dominate the city of Bogotá are crossed by small valleys where the waters are collected and channeled, which will later form the flow of the great rivers that feed the Orinoco basin. It is about abrupt terrains but of pleasant climates, very vulnerable to human activity. One of the great achievements of Bogota, achieved at the cost of serious pressures and sacrifices, has been to preserve and improve this crucial set of micro-basins. But the need for development and the growing demand for water resources in the area constantly threaten this weak harmony.
It is here where Cerro del Águila is presented as an unprecedented alternative of interaction between man, city and landscape.
- Its first facet is that of a natural reserve, for the preservation of water basins;
- second, a private access forest reserve where high-end services of the welfare industry are provided, providing funds and value-added incentives to better conserve the natural environment;
- and finally, a privileged home, full of pure air and nature, for some citizens, just thirty minutes from the financial heart of the Colombian capital. With a very light implantation in the territory, less than 5% of the total area, Cerro del Águila represents the highest standard of the purpose of Back to Spirit to promote sustainable development and value for the territory.
look & feel
Mater, color, texture, light, and water harmoniously integrated in a complete solution. A complete synthesis between architecture and it´s living contexts (natural or entropic). A concept of wellbeing the results in the choice of raw materials: water, wood, concrete, stone, glass, aluminum, primary materials, durable, environmentally friendly and infinitely recyclable.
Imagine flowing forms sitting lightly in the landscape, nestled in the tropical forest. Pathways winding through lush natural gardens, along streams and bubbling brooks, with occasional glimpses and dramatic views of the the Caribbean. Strolling from home to neighborhood to hotel, without crossing streets and barely ever seeing cars. Walking out from your front door in the morning, and back to your home in the afternoon on trails that connect directly to the beach. A resort community that respects the natural environment, consumes the minimum amount of energy and places the least amount of stress on the local ecology. A sustainable resort、with architecture, planning and its landscape environment so integrated as to be indivisible: the first of its kind in the Caribbean, and destined to become renowned throughout the world.
Linear systems of native trees and bushes planted along the cleared areas of the property and by filling empty areas between isolated remnants of vegetation and alond trails, paths and roads. Essential elements that bring together the mountain and the urban areas.
According to this principle of collection, treatment, reuse and evacuation of surplus waste water is classified according to its use in:
- Potable water for human consumption is supplied by the aqueduct service, as new water that enters the system for human consumption as drinking water, food preparation and handwash for oral hygiene.
- Toilet water will be reused with the toilets" The sanitary water from the toilet and dishwasher after treatment that guarantees its quality as safe water to be reused again in the filling of the toilet tanks.
- Soapy gray water coming from the sinks and showers is reused once treated and purified in the showers, the waters of the sinks are treated as toilet water.
- Detergent gray water, from the laundry. (Laundry and washing machine and washing of patios) sludge and surplus that will be evacuated from the site by a specialized service and certified for this purpose with its final disposal.
- Greasy water from dishwashers and dishwashing machines after retention of oils and fats are reused in toilets as treated and purified sanitary sewage.
Evapotranspiration system: To deal with the surplus of the treated domestic waste water we propose a closed system of green enclosure along the perimeter of the Condominium that for the case of the Egyptian are 1200 linear meters with the purpose of evapotranspiring in the form of water Pure surplus generatåed.
Aeroponic Evapotranspiration System
... the untreated, treated and disinfected water surplus will be disposed via evapotranspiration tunnel into the atmosphere as pure water and as a contingency plan in case there is a remnant to be evacuated by collection and final disposal in a certified site.