More than a winning smile...
Dental Assisting I:
Dental Assisting I introduces students to the field of dental assisting. Students will learn basic patient care skills in preparation to assist a dentist or dental hygienist in functions of a dental practice.
Skills include: infection control procedures, instrument sterilization, patient preparation, examination, preventive care, diagnostic study models, bleaching trays, introduction to dental materials and restorative procedures.
Dental Assisting II:
Dental Assisting II offers students the opportunity to practice skills, learn restorative, cosmetic and surgical procedures and dental radiographic techniques.
Expanded functions include: crown and bridge, endodontics, surgical procedures, and front office skills, including Dentrix.
Qualified students will have the opportunity to participate in a 90-hour externship at a dental office of their choice.
In this class you'll learn the following skills:
• Dental terminology
• Team work and professionalism for the dental office
• Safety and infection control measures
• To assist the dentist with clinical duties in areas of patient care
• To perform laboratory procedures
• Front office skills
• 90 hour clinical externship during fourth term
• USBE Endorsement available upon completion of DA I, DA II, and Externship