What was the Trojan War?
- Trojan was a war against Greek and the people of Troy
- This began when are the Trojan prince pairs abducted Helen wife of menelaus of Sparta
- The Trojan refused to return the wife that's when the argument struck and lead the army against Troy
How did the war start and end?
- The Trojan war began when Pairs son of king Priam of Troy kidnapped Helen. When the Trojans refused to return her the Greek formed an army. But after nice years of fighting the pretended to sail home.
Who were the major players in the war?
How does the odyssey relate to it?
It explains how the Greek hero Odysseus hasn't gone home. Some people believe he's dead. This relates how following the Trojan war his men sufferes more losses at the hands of the kikones because of everything that happened.
Who is Homer?
- Homer was perhaps the greatest of all epic poets. Homer acts as a great pool of information for the Greeks about their gods. The poems that he wrote were lliad and the Odyssey. Those were two of his major works.
- Tradition says that he was blind
- No one knows where he was born