Matt & Jonna, who serve in Central Asia through sports outreach with their 4 young children, are grateful to be back on the other side of the world!
They recently returned to their home after an extended furlough in the US due to Covid travel restrictions.
Praise God that:
- the family is happy to be back home, and the 3 oldest children (3rd, 5th, and 8th graders) were thankful to return to in-person school with their friends.
- their local friend, "Gerry", whom you prayed for last month. Gerry accepted Christ at the end of 2020, but has had a difficult time in the army with no Christian fellowship around. Praise God Gerry was able to visit their city last month to receive dental work and connect with local brothers in Christ.
- for continued wisdom and health in the children's international school.
- for Gerry to have supernatural power to remain faithful, resist temptation, and grow in the Lord as he returns to his home.
- for their young friend "Annie" and her husband "Yacob". Annie is a believer but her husband is not. Please pray that Yacob will be drawn to Jesus as he interacts with local believers. Ask that Annie will walk closely with God and be intentional about getting Yacob around believers.
- for their football team to respond to "the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4)
There are many praises from Jonatan & Teresa Simons, serving in Medellin, Colombia!
- Jon taught 3 classes this term and is adding a 4th class next term. He loves being in the classroom, and loves dialoguing with the students and helping the ask hard questions and find the answers in Scripture.
- He officially received his doctorate!
- The kids (Caedmon, Norah, and Lina) are growing in their confidence using Spanish. They are also starting to build friendships in this new country.
- They received their entire shipment of boxes after several months of waiting and wondering after a move from Australia to the US to Colombia.
- Pray for their words and interactions with staff and students to be seasoned with the grace and love of Jesus!
- For their internet to be installed soon, as that severely impacts their ability to connect with friends and family.
- For their Colombian health insurance to be sorted.
- For good, solid friendships for each member of the family, especially the children.
- For their Spanish skills to grow and for them to find the right tutors for the children.
- For the university to know how best to conduct classes during Covid - how to care for students, develop community life, and foster spiritual and academic growth. For the staff and students to be unified and humble in Christ.