- the class will be separated into halves
- each "neuron" will have a pile of balls located at one end (at the dendrites)
- the team member acting as the dendrite will pick up a ball (electrical signal) at the sound of the whistle given by me and begin sending the electrical signal down the axon while saying "buzz"
- the axon will consist of most of the team and each person must pass the ball to the next person while saying "buzz"
- when the ball reaches the dendrite on the opposite end of the neuron, the dendrite can take the ball, hop over a tarp/obstacle decorated to be a synapse, and run it to a basket labeled "the brain"
- after it is in the basket, that dendrite must get back to the end of the line and start the process over again.
- the goal of the game is to get as many messages to the brain as possible in the amount of time given.
students will design and construct a their own version of a "neuron buddy" and relate each part to its function.