Why do we need Social Media in our schools?
What are the benefits to social media in the classroom?
Tips for teachers using social media in the classroom.
1. Know your purpose - stay true to that purpose
2. Only post what you would say or do in a classroom or in front of students, parents, coworkers and administrators
3. Know your districts social media policy
4. Make personal accounts private and don't mix the two
5. Make sure students are aware of you expectations in following, chatting or retweetting your social media account.
This is my favorite way to use social media in my classroom. I have a Twitter account that other teachers, students and parents can follow. I keep it active with things going on in my classroom, school activities, sporting events and information for parents. You can follow me @southroom206.
Padlet is the newest form of social media that I am going to try. It is a way for students to discuss with each other on topic related to class. They can ask classmates questions or provide tutorials and help to students that need it.