Specifics for Ebook Consortium Pricing
Consortium dues will be billed on a yearly basis. (July 1 - June 30) Cost will be based on the amount of students you serve and the collections you would like to include.
Dues Will Be Structured As Follows
- 250 students or less = $250
- 251 - 500 students = $500
- 501 - 1000 students = $750
- 1001 - 2000 students = $1000
- 2000 students or more = $1500
In order to accept purchase orders, our group needed to use a fiscal agent that would be able to accept and process purchase orders. After doing some research and trying to find a group that would be able to provide this service for our group. Unfortunately, we were not able to find a group or organization in New Jersey who could work as a fiscal agent. We were however able to find a group in Pennsylvania who is willing to provide this service for our state for a 5% charge per member. This group currently bills Pennsylvania for their ebook consortium, as well as other library related services in PA. For more information about HSLC click on the provided link http://www.hslc.org/
What Does the 5% Charge Mean For Consortium Members?
The 5% fee for billing will be taken out of your cost to join. For example, if you pay $250 to join, $12.50 of that cost will go to billing. The rest of the cost to join will go directly to ebooks.
- Elementary (K-5)
- Middle School (6-8)
- High School (9-12)
What Vendor Are We Using For Ebooks?
- All books will be purchased through the Mackin company www.mackin.com
- We choose Mackin because they have a platform for electronic books and resources (MackinVIA) that will work with any type of circulation system
- Mackin educational consultants are available to train librarians on using MackinVIA into your library program.
How Will Titles Be Choosen?
- Once members have joined the Consortium for the year, a Google Sheets will be created for each level (elementary, middle, and high school). Members will be able to add titles they think should be added.
- We will only be purchasing books that are able to be owned (no metered or subscription based books)
- Lists will be sent out to members for final approval, prior to purchasing.
How Do I Join?
An online letter of intent will be available for anyone who would like to join. Once this is filled out, your district will be billed by HSLC.
Several webinars will be available which will detail the NJ Ebook Consortium. This will be provided by Anastasia Hanneken and Mackin Educational Resources. If you are interested in more information prior to those webinars, or would be interested in helping with the consortium please email Anastasia at firstname.lastname@example.org