DISCLAIMER: This site contains general information about how to represent yourself in obtaining a name and gender change order in the State of Utah. If you have specific questions about your case, contact an attorney. This site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. The court forms found here are not officially approved by Utah courts and are not guaranteed to result in a name and gender change order.

STEP 1: Request a certification from the Utah Department of Corrections Offender Registration Program showing whether you are on the Sex and Kidnap Offender Registry or the Child Abuse Offender Registry. Fill out the form below and mail it and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Offender Registration Program at the address listed on the form. If you do not include a self-addressed stamped envelope, the Offender Registration Program will not return the form to you. This is only necessary if you are changing your name.

STEP 2: Ask any mental heath or medical providers to write a letter in support of your gender marker change.

STEP 3: Complete the forms below. Attach any supporting documentation from your providers. If you wish, you can also ask the Court to waive the filing fees for your case.

STEP 4: File your forms and documentation with the court and pay your filing fee.

STEP 5: Attend your hearing. If your petition is granted, ask the Clerk of Court for 3-5 certified copies of the signed order. You will take these to the DMV, Social Security office, and other places to officially change your name and gender marker.