Autism Spectrum Disorder
- ASD Nest Support Project at NYU provides training and support for educators working with students with ASD. They have links to amazing parent workshop videos. They also have links to fantastic publications and resource blogs that contain strategies for supporting students with ASD and creating inclusive schools.
- "My Life with Asperger's; Thoughts on Neurodiversity and Life on the Autism Spectrum" is a blog written by bestselling author, photographer, educator, neurodiversity advocate John Elder Robison
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network is a "501(c)(3) nonprofit organization run by and for autistic people. ASAN was created to serve as a national grassroots disability rights organization for the autistic community, advocating for systems change and ensuring that the voices of autistic people are heard in policy debates and the halls of power."
- Decoding Dyslexia MA aims to "raise awareness, to empower students with dyslexia and their families, and to inform policy makers on best practices to identify, remediate, and support students with dyslexia in Massachusetts public schools and institutions of higher learning." Don't forget to visit their Facebook page.
- Yale Center for Dyslexia and Creativity - is the "preeminent source of cutting-edge research, informed advocacy and trustworthy resources to help those with dyslexia reach their full potential. The Center’s tools and resources are used widely by parents, educators and those with dyslexia to advocate for greater recognition and support for dyslexic children and adults."
- International Dyslexia Association is a "501(c)(3) non-profit, scientific, and educational organization dedicated to the study and treatment of the learning disability, dyslexia as well as related language-based learning differences."
- CHADD- "Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD) is in the forefront in creating and implementing programs and services in response to the needs of adults and families affected by ADHD through collaborative partnerships and advocacy, including training for parents and K-12 teachers, hosting educational webinars and workshops, being an informative clearinghouse for the latest evidence-based ADHD information, and providing information specialists to support the ADHD community." MetroWest CHADD is an affiliate of CHADD. They offer a monthly support group for parents of ADHD kids, teens, and young adults.
- ADDItude Magazine- is a "leading source of important news, expert advice, and judgment-free understanding for families and adults living with attention deficit disorder, ADDitude is your voice and your advocate."
AND these, too!
- maaps- "Founded in 1978, maaps is a statewide association of approved private special education schools dedicated to providing educational programs and services to students with special needs. maaps members are approved by the Mass. Dept. of Elementary and Secondary Education under the state’s special education law, Chapter 766."
- Understood.org - "15 nonprofit organizations have joined forces to support parents of the one in five children with learning and attention issues throughout their journey." We love Understood for it's great information and it's easy to navigate and readable website.
- Wrights Law- "Parents, educators, advocates, and attorneys come to Wrightslaw for accurate, reliable information about special education law, education law, and advocacy for children with disabilities."
- Lives in the Balance "The mission of Lives in the Balance is to provide vital, accessible resources and programs to caregivers of behaviorally challenging kids; to bring the plight of these kids into the public consciousness; to address the systemic issues that cause many of these kids to slip through the cracks; and to promote parenting and disciplinary practices that foster the better side of human nature in all children."
Created with images by castleguard - "heart sweetheart leaf" • Alexas_Fotos - "stickies post-it list" • Tumisu - "digital marketing search" • Denise Jans - "untitled image" • Sarah Noltner - "untitled image"