Rolling in this Autumn Newsletter!
- West End Art Amble begins at Fitch Studios. Studio Holland Art Studio #310 will be open from 6:00 to 9:00 pm on Nov 2nd during the biannual Fitch Open House.
- Cleaning the Studio Sale starting today. Must make room in the studio for the new body of work. Sale runs through Dec 31st.
- Art Biz 101: artful content about setting goals, building a strategy, putting it all in play while being true to myself.
- How It's Made: Splatter. I was presented with an opportunity to put an artful stamp on a city commuter bus. Welcome to the first article in the series How It's Made!
- Want Distinct, Original, Art Content? You've found it! This is the place to gain insight into my artistic vision, and you’ll also benefit from the art business content that my wife, Erica, shares.
West End Art Amble
Studio Holland Art will be open from 6:00 to 9:00 pm on Nov 2nd during the biannual Fitch Open House. Fitch Studios in the West End of Des Moines has provided a home for countless artists to make and sell their work. My studio has been here since 2005 in #310. The anticipated Bi-Annual Open House welcomes the public to explore the historic landmark, meet creatives and see our latest works of art. This year, the Open House extends into the surrounding streets offering a walkable evening of art, food and discovery throughout the West End Art District. Start at the Fitch to grab a complete program of the evening’s festivities.
Cleaning the Studio Sale
I've reorganized and tidied the studio, yet I need more space! I’m thrilled to be working on my next project with the financial support from a recently awarded grant from The State of Iowa Arts Council. I MUST make room in the studio for the new body of work. This sale runs through Dec 31st. Browse the artworks at the link below. Contact me if you'd like to set a time to visit the studio in person to view it, or rsvp to the open house event this Friday, Nov 2nd! (515) 289-6265, firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Biz 101
We're on the cusp of something great yet we're miles away from reaching it! How is that possible? Welcome to the art business series of Studio Holland Art! The studio already had a website, a gallery, a busy studio, strong university assets, and most importantly, Brent had an abundance of high-quality artwork. But we didn't have formal structure, a business plan, for the future. To use a visual term, we needed a composition.
How It's Made: Splatter
I was presented with an opportunity to put an artful stamp on a city commuter bus. Fortunately, the partners gave few parameters - but one important one being to use the form of the bus in the artwork. Welcome to the first article in the series How It's Made! My head was spinning with ideas. During this time period, late 2014, I was getting really excited about the use of technology to augment my creative palette. I knew that to scale the ideas in my head to the size of a commuter bus was a perfect chance to use my full toolkit.
Want Distinct, Original, Art Content?
Have you ever wondered how some artists seem to be propelled towards success as if a wand was waved over their painting palette - while others just never quite seem to make it? I have. I’ve put myself in both extreme camps at one time or another. In reality, I know I fall in the hard-working class of artistic people who get ahead by creating boundary-pushing art with integrity. It can be a healthy yet painstaking place to reside, most of the time.