Issues at go-live
• Vendors were not always paid on time.
• Hospitals had trouble ordering supplies in the right quantity.
• Users did not fully understand the system capabilities and processes.
• System performance affected productivity.
• Configuration data errors in role mapping, delegations and inventory management affected user experience and processing efficiency.
• HHSs put in extensive effort and resources to find workarounds to mitigate disruptions.
• Deficiencies in information technology (IT) controls increased the risks of unauthorised or unintentional data manipulation.
• Our 2019–20 financial audits found deficiencies in S/4HANA’s information technology controls, which led to an alternative, but more costly audit approach.