Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!
Check out our learning...
Tips for 2nd Grade Success:
- Read every night for at least 15 minutes.
- Discuss the books you read & what you learned at school with your family.
- Practice your weekly spelling words to help you be successful on your weekly tests.
- Practice your addition & subtraction math facts until you know them quickly.
- Write notes, letters, and stories at home.
- Get a good nights sleep every night.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Come to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
- Valentine's Day Party: Tuesday, February 14th
- Mid-Winter Break: Friday, February 17th and Monday, February 20th- No School for Students
- February Book Orders Due: Tuesday, February 21st
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: February 23rd and 28th (See how to sign up below)
Click the link below for the BCES Calendar:
Please check your email on Mondays to find pretests and your child's Star Folder for a paper list. Please have your child practice their words each night until he or she can spell them all.
Rambler Red Homework
Beginning next week, I will text a small homework assignment to you for the kids to complete sometime during the week and return to school when it's done. When they complete the assignment, they will receive a red bead for their Brag Tag necklaces. This is not required- it is a way for kids to share with you something we are working on in school and a way to earn another bead for their necklaces (which they get really excited about).
- Valentine's Day Party- We will pass out Valentine's and have a class snack on Tuesday, February 14th in the afternoon. Class lists are in your child's Star Folder. The kids can also bring a Valentine box to collect their cards and candy in, if they would like. I'm also looking for parent volunteers to provide drinks for our party. We are all set with desserts! Please contact me if you can help.
- Please remember not to send any medication to school with your child- including cough drops. It is part of our BCES Handbook. All medication needs to be dropped off to the school nurse...including cough drops.
- Please remember to call the office if your child will be late for school or absent for the day. You can also message me and I can pass it along to Mrs. Ryder.
- Please be sure to ask your child how their headphones are working. There are several kids who may need a new pair.
- Don't forget to check your child's Star Folder each night. If your child is absent from school, there may be homework for them to complete and bring back the next day. Thank you for helping them with this! 😀