Using the Densiomiter
Canopy Survey Transit
- Look up through the densiometer and make sure it is vertical.
- Make sure the nut/washer is directly below the intersection of the crosshairs at the top of the tube.
- It is recommended that you only use the densiometer for look up.
- If vegetation, twigs or branches touch the intersection of the crosshair, it would be recorded as a plus sign (+)
- If vegetation, twigs or branches do not touch the intersection of the crosshair, it would be recorded as a minus sign (-)
188 Trees Total; 5,625 square feet, 13% of an acre
Approximately 1456 trees per acre
3% tree coverage
+027.533630°/-081.55400° NE, +027.53369°/081.55420° SE, +026.53385°/-081.55426° SW, +027.53382°/-081.55400° SE