For this bridge you will need...
- 190 popsicle sticks
- About 1 bottle of elmers glue
- 2 rubber bands
- A lot of paper clips
- 2 boxes of tissues
- Meter stick
Sides A and B
- Take 64 popsicle sticks and split them up into groups of 4 with 16 sticks in each group.
- Take 2 sticks and a bottle of elmers glue and glue one of the sticks in the middle, you will need to use paper clips to clip the two pieces of wood together so they won't move because of the wet glue.
- and from there you glue a popsicle on each side. This will make a long stick. Each stick will include 16 sticks. Each side will include 8 sticks.
3. Once your 4 sticks are dried you will need a yard stick. With that yard stick starting at 0 make a mark every 3 inches.
4. Get your bottle of glue and glue a popsicle stick on each line you marked on each stick, and use a paper clip to hold the sticks in place.
5. Wait till it drys, and take two of the sticks and line them up with the other side so they are even.
6. Get your glue and glue one end of the stick about an inch of the way on top of the other end. Use a paper clips to hold in place.
7. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remaining 2 sticks.
8. Once everything is glued, you should have your "two sides"; also, you should have an uneven numbered of lines between the 2 vertical sticks, so now you start from the left and make backward K's. ( you do not need paper clips for this step)
9. Once you get to the middle now you start makeing actual K's.
Each side should look like the top one in this picture.
Top & Bottom
To make the top you will now need 2 tissue boxes and 2 rubber bands
- Take your 2 tissue boxes and stand each side of the bridge on either side of the tussue box.
- Now take your 2 rubber bands and put them around the whole thing on each tissue box.
- Now that it's stable, take your glue and start glueing even triangle shapes along the top.
- Once yor done with that you can now glue sticks anywhere you feel will make extra support.
This shows the start of the process
When it drys, flip it over and repeat steps 4 and 5.
- First you need to get 7 popsicle sticks and line them up side by side.
- Get 2 more popsicle sticks and place them about 1 1/2 inches away from each side of the support. And make sure there is at least 2 1/2 of the popsicle stick is sticking out the bottom.
- After that, take 7 more poscicle sticks repeat step one on top of the two sticks.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to make a second support.
5. Once both supports are dry, glue them to both ends of the bridge how ever you feel is best. When it dries you should be done!