Originally from Germany, Charles Kalinowski opened a bakery in Des Moines, Iowa in 1885, before moving to Littleton. In 1893, he opened Kalinowski’s Bakery and Confectionery, located at what is now 2570 Main Street in Littleton. He ran the bakery and associated restaurant until at least 1912, then in 1916 Charles passed away. Here, his store on Main Street is shown, c.1900.
#ShareLittleton #ThrowbackThursday #TBT #LittletonHistory
(From the collection of the Littleton Museum. May not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Littleton Museum.)