OSSD & Requirements
- OSSD is short for: Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- 30 credits (18 compulsory, 12 elective)
- Students must also pass the Grade 10 Literacy Test.
- Students must also complete 40 hours of community service.
Provincial Secondary School Literacy Test
- Required for all grade ten students
- May repeat test in following years.
- Based on writing & reading up to grade nine.
Types of Courses—Grade 9 and 10
- Applied (P)
- Academic (D)
- Open (O)
Types of Courses—Grade 11 and 12
- University (U)
- University/College (M)
- College (C)
- Workplace (E)
- Open (O)
School Course Calendar
- Created by the school or school board.
- Provides students & parents with detailed & accurate, up-to-date information about the programs and the courses offered by the school.
- IEP stands for Individual Education Plan.
- Developed by parents, students, and teachers under direction of principals for gifted or exceptional students.
- Includes information about the student’s strengths and needs, about the modifications in curriculum expectations that have worked well for the student in the past.
- Every time you successfully complete a course of 110 hours you will earn a credit.
- Stands for Ontario Student Transcript.
- Provides a comprehensive record of a student’s overall achievement in high school.
- Includes classes repeated and the marks.
- Includes classes dropped more than 4 days after midterm and the marks at that time.