Glencoe A Micro adventure
What is a Seal Dog?
A seal dog refers to a moment in time where everything is in perfect harmony; referred to as a 'seal dog moment'.
Seal dog moments are few and far between and stay imprinted on the memory forever.
The Seal Dog Club
- Founder / Chief Adventurer: Niki Furley
- Adventurer / Photographer: Scott Masterton
- Deputy Adventurer: Hamish Highlander
- The Seal Dog Club is built on a single aim, to have fun, an ancillary aim is to have as many Seal Dog moments as possible.
- Its key stakeholders are Niki, Scott and Hamish, though selected others may be allowed to participate on an ad hoc basis.
- Its key message is that having fun puts a smile on your face and smiles are proven to be good for you, so really it's a requirement for good health and therefore VERY IMPORTANT to have fun.
- The strategy is to have fun by doing all those things you meant to do or thought sounded fun but haven't got round to doing, yet... mixed with a good dose of curiosity, opportunism and spontaneity.
- The success of the plan will be measured using a tape measure and smile test on a monthly basis.
Glen Etive is a glen in the Highlands of Scotland. The River Etive rises on the peaks surrounding Rannoch Moor, with several tributary streams coming together at the north end of Glen Etive between the two mountains known as the "Herdsmen of Etive": Buachaille Etive Mòr and Buachaille Etive Beag. The Etive flows for about 18 km, until reaching the sea loch, Loch Etive.
If you enjoyed this microadventure, then you might like to view our Iceland adventure: